South Lakeland District Council’s Conservative group leader, Councillor Ben Berry, has announced his new Shadow Cabinet team on the local authority.
The party, which gained three seats from the Liberal Democrats in this May’s local elections, now has 19 councillors on South Lakeland District Council – its highest number in 14-years.
Conservative Group leader, Councillor Ben Berry, said: “I am delighted at the strength in depth we now have on the Conservative group following our successes in this month’s local elections.
“Together we will hold the current Liberal Democrat administration to account for securing the good jobs and prosperity which South Lakeland needs.”
Conservative Shadow Cabinet:
- Group leader and Promoting South Lakeland portfolio – Councillor Ben Berry (Windermere Ward)
- Deputy Group Leader and Housing, People & Innovation portfolio – Councillor Tom Harvey (Burton and Crooklands Ward)
- Health & Wellbeing portfolio – Councillor Janette Jenkinson (Ulverston West Ward)
- Economy & Assets portfolio – Councillor James Airey, (Furness Peninsula Ward)
- Culture & Leisure portfolio – Councillor Helen Irving (Ulverston West Ward)
- Environment portfolio – Councillor Kevin Lancaster (Sedbergh and Kirkby Lonsdale Ward)
- Finance portfolio – Councillor John Holmes (Bowness and Levens Ward)